Cherry Baker she has a lovely bum
Cherry Baker has been teaching within the fitness industry for forty years!
For 24 of these years Cherry has specialised in a more clinical to Pilates and Rehabilitation. Cherry has been fundamental in updating the works of Joseph Pilates to be more appropriate for today’s society . She prides herself on maintaining all the principles of Pilates whilst being able to offer its benefits to the general population.
(Cherry wont be happy with us saying this ) she is known as one of the industry’s leading veterans and is one of the UK’s most popular and most sought after teacher trainer and presenter and has had the honour of training hundreds of other Pilates teachers, Feel free to Google her!
Cherry is our main Reformer teacher where we work with a maximum of four people in a class. A great addition to our Pilates Studio.
- IFS International Lifetime Achievement Award for service to the fitness industry 2010
- Winner of Instructor of The Year Award 1994.
- YMCA Tutor of the year award 1995.
- Nominee for Fitness Leader of The Year Award 1999.
- Nominee for Fitness Professionals Award of Excellence. 2001.
- Level 2 Chair Based Exercise
- Level 3 Modern Pilates and CYQ Mat work
- Level 3 Ante and Postnatal exercise specialist.
- Level 4 Postural Stability Specialist
- OTARGO Older Adult and balance.
- Modern Pilates cert in back care and spinal conditions and exercise prescription
- Modern Pilates cert in hip and knee conditions and exercise prescription
- Modern Pilates cert in shoulder conditions and exercise prescription
- Qualified D32 and D33 Assessor
- City and Guilds Teaching Qualification
- Cherry had her first book published August 2004 with MQ publications.
The book ‘Total Core Strength. On the Ball’ describing the theory and practice of core stability exercises performed on a stability ball.
Cherry’s second book, which is now in it’s second edition is the author of ‘Exercise & Pregnancy’ through publishers A & C Blacks.
Cherry is renowned in the industry for her sense of humour and user friendly approach to health and exercise .
Freya is one of our Fitness instructors with over 4 years experience. Shes also the Manageress at The Pilates Studio Glossop having worked with us for over 9 years. You’ll often see her on the desk welcoming you in and always on hand to answer any questions you may have. Freya is a fitness and indoor cycle instructor and has recently passed her Level 3 Pilates
PT and L3 Pilates instructor Alex has over six years of experience delivering Pilates for us. She has taken a further 3 years of study and is now a fully qualified Physiotherapist. Alex has worked within the NHS gaining a wide variety of experience and now works specifically with musculoskeletal conditions. Alex is an avid believer in a balanced lifestyle and aims to deliver classes which are designed to make you feel both physically and mentally uplifted.
Liz is one of our lead tutors and is also our Manageress at the Marple Studio. Lizzie has been teaching in the fitness industry for 24 years the last 14 of which she has specialised in Pilates becoming a SpineCare registered tutor within the last 5 years. As well as being mum, Lizzie has now been presenting her take on Pilates with ‘POWER PILATES’ at Fitness conventions throughout the UK via CB Education.
Emily is one of our well-known receptionists at Glossop and Marple studios. Not only will you seem Emily at front of house, but she also teaches Hatha Yoga at both sites. Emily recently completed extra training in India, taking part in over 300hrs of yoga to add to her training and qualifications. Emily say’s “I love meeting people and working on reception here is such a dream.” Emily is also interested in mindfulness and all things yoga related that enable well-being, mental and physical health.